Streets Alive and Parade Day
Warrick Lane Car Park Closure-
Warrick Lane carpark will be closed from approximately 8pm Friday 26 May 2017 until 6pm Saturday 27 May 2017, for festival set up and parade marshalling. No entry or exit will be permitted during the above period.
Full Day Closures - 5am to 6pm
The following streets will be closed all day (marked in red on the attached map).
- Campbell Street - Full Length
- Civic Lane - Full Length
- Cobb Lane - Full Length
- Colo Lane - North of Kelso Lane
- David Lane - Full Length
- Flushcombe Rd - Main Street to Alpha Street
- Kildare Rd - Balmoral Street to Main Street (limited access to taxis, businesses & residents only)
- Main Street - Patrick St to Sunnyholt Rd / Newton Rd
- Warrick Lane - Full Length including carpark
- Westfield Place - Full Length
Additional Closures during the Parade - 10:30am to 12:30pm
Road closures will commence within the Blacktown CBD from around 10.30am. Roads will progressively be closed and then re-opened, at the conclusion of the parade.
Roads affected include:
- Alpha Street - Flushcombe Road to roundabout at the Westpoint Access
- Flushcombe Road - From Alpha Street to K-Mart Car Park Driveway Access
5am - 6pm
Please use Newton Road, Balmoral Street, Third Avenue and Sunnyholt Road to detour around the CBD road closures.
Services throughout the day remain as normal other than Busways Route 721 (to the hospital).
Busways service shuttle bus 720 and 721 which normally travels via Campbell Street will detour via Newton Road and will pick up in Newton Rd outside K-Mart carpark if hailed.
Train services will be operating as per CityRail timetable.
Existing taxi ranks in Main Street near the Railway Station access will operate throughout the day as usual. Taxi access to and from the Blacktown Workers Club will be possible via Colo Lane, through the Workers Club Car Park and out Campbell Street (southbound) from 9am.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused.
Download the road closure map here
For further information, contact Council's Traffic Section on 9839 6000.